PLEASE NOTE THAT DUE TO THE CURRENT PANDEMIC SITUATION, I WON’T BE SCHEDULING ANY CLASSROOM COURSES UNTIL I HAVE CLEAR GUIDELINES ON HOW THESE CAN BE MANAGED WITH THE SOCIAL DISTANCING REQUIREMENTS.
THE ONLINE COURSES WILL BE COMMENCING ON 1ST AUGUST. PLEASE SEE THIS PAGE FOR MORE DETAILS.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE SIGNED UP FOR THE NEWSLETTER TO RECEIVE UPDATES ABOUT THE ONLINE COURSES. I WILL ALSO SEND AN EMAIL WHEN I SCHEDULE IN THE CLASSROOM COURSES
This 2 day course, held over Saturday & Sunday, provides you with a framework for all you need to know to Set Up, Run and Market a Successful B&B. The course is appropriate for people who are buying an existing B&B as well those who are setting one up from scratch. The cost is £300 for 2 days per person.
“Taking Karen’s B&B Academy course was by far the single most important thing that we did when we embarked on our B&B journey. On our first morning of the course Karen told us that by the end of the weekend we would know if B&B life was for us or not – and she was right! We literally covered everything from bacon to loo roll. We had read books and articles about B&B ownership but nothing came close to giving us the real insight more than this course did.” Alyson & Simon Tuxworth, The Old Stables, http://www.theoldstablesbandb.com
Please see the calendar on the side of this page (scroll down if viewing on a mobile device) for course dates and booking or click here for a bigger version.
- Run in small groups of 4-12 people, allowing you the opportunity to ask lots of questions and to network with other potential B&B owners. Tea, coffee, mineral water, biscuits are provided throughout the day, along with a buffet locally sourced lunch. There is a lot of information to take in and participants always feedback that they have thoroughly enjoyed the days and leave with far more than they were expecting. They are run in a friendly, relaxed environment at Hopton House B&B.
- Whilst there is a basic structure to the day there is plenty of opportunity to ask any questions you may have about setting up, marketing or running a B&B. One of the big important benefits of the course is being able to network with other potential B&B owners, to hear their ideas and listen to their questions.
- Accommodation is not available at Hopton House for the course but we can recommend places to stay locally. If you stay 2 nights or more at Walford Court B&B ( about 4 miles from us ), booking directly with Debbie and Craig, then course participants will receive a discount on B&B. Accommodation is also available with previous course attendees, Clare and Dave, at The Old School House B&B in Chapel Lawn.
- We ask for deposit of £100 when the course is booked.The remainder is payable on the last day of the course. Please note that this is non refundable if you need to cancel, though we may be able to move your booking to a future course if there are spaces available.
- Please read the Terms and Conditions prior to booking. Receipt of the Payment will be confirmation that you accept our Terms and Conditions as laid out.
- The course is held at Hopton House B&B near Ludlow in Shropshire from 11.00-17.30 on Saturday and 10.00-16.00 on Sunday and includes:
– A workbook containing all the information covered on the course
– Examples of documentation needed to set up, run and market your B&B e.g. business plans and guest registration forms
– Pink Booklet
– A light lunch on both days
– Tea, Coffee, Water, Biscuits and Fruit served throughout the day