This 2 day course, held over Saturday & Sunday, covers all you need to know to Set Up, Run and Market a Successful B&B. The course is appropriate for people who are buying an existing B&B as well those who are setting one up from scratch. The cost is £250 for 2 days per person.
Please see the calendar on the side of this page (scroll down if viewing on a mobile device) for course dates and booking or click here for a bigger version.
- Run in small groups of 6-12 people, allowing you the opportunity to ask lots of questions and to network with other potential B&B owners. Tea, coffee, mineral water, biscuits are provided throughout the day, along with a buffet locally sourced lunch. There is a lot of information to take in and participants always feedback that they have thoroughly enjoyed the days and leave with far more than they were expecting. They are run in a friendly, relaxed environment at Hopton House B&B.
- Whilst there is a basic structure to the day there is plenty of opportunity to ask any questions you may have about setting up, marketing or running a B&B. One of the big important benefits of the course is being able to network with other potential B&B owners, to hear their ideas and listen to their questions.
- Accommodation is not available at Hopton House for the course but we can recommend places to stay locally. If you stay 2 nights or more at Walford Court B&B ( about 4 miles from us ), booking directly with Debbie and Craig, then course participants will receive a discount on B&B. Accommodation is also available with previous course attendees, Clare and Dave, at The Old School House B&B in Chapel Lawn.
- We ask for deposit of £100 when the course is booked.The remainder is payable on the last day of the course. Please note that this is non refundable if you need to cancel, though we may be able to move your booking to a future course if there are spaces available.
- Please read the Terms and Conditions prior to booking. Receipt of the Payment will be confirmation that you accept our Terms and Conditions as laid out.
- The course is held at Hopton House B&B near Ludlow in Shropshire from 11.00-17.30 on Saturday and 10.00-16.00 on Sunday and includes:
– A workbook containing all the information covered on the course
– Examples of documentation needed to set up, run and market your B&B e.g. business plans and guest registration forms
– Pink Booklet
– A light lunch on both days
– Tea, Coffee, Water, Biscuits and Fruit served throughout the day
- If you are planning to set up or buy a B&B with a spouse, partner or friend I recommend that they also attend the course.